Blasting for the Marine Industry
IBIX® units are the premier blast systems are indispensable for every professional working in the boating and ship-building industry. Perfectly suited for decontamination and cleaning, removal of grease, oil residue, paint, carbon deposits or glue, from machinery and utensils. Economical,
Lightweight aluminum construction make our units a portable one-man operation. Every unit is equipped with rollers for easy portability. IBIX units are user friendly and deliver a precise, consistent even air and media flow for a smooth surface finish with very low air volume requirements. Minimal dusting improves health and safety for the operator and the environment.
Crucial for off-shore maintenance, extending the life of marine vessels and off-shore platforms. Removes contaminants and tough marine coatings from offshore platforms, jack up oil rigs, industrial, military and commercial ships, carriers, passenger ferries and tankers.
Useful for Marine Maintenance Including;
- Bilges, ballast tanks, cofferdams, and engineering spaces
- Areas typically prohibitive to abrasive blasting (near hydraulics, electronics, seal and bearings)
- Corrugated steel, non-ferrous metal surfaces, tie downs, deck perimeters and compartments
- Sump pits, rudder stocks, tiller extensions, transom and rudder fitting scuppers, bridge wings
- Storage facilities: lube oil tanks, water tanks
- Propellers and flaps
- Removal of soot contamination
- Cleaning and polishing teak floors with garnet mineral and sodium bicarbonate
- Polishing aluminum and stainless steel structures with sodium bicarbonate
- Deck winches, wing bridges, hatch covers, any other support maintenance
|Marine Preparation Brochure||Marine Usage Chart|