Thermal Flame Spray Coatings and Polymers for the Anti Corrosive Coating Industry
Thermal coating is a process by which molten anti-corrosive flame spray coatings are applied to various products including industrial pipe or flooring to protect against corrosion or provide a clean surface that can be free of contaminants. IBIX Industrial USA provides several flame spray powders along with the equipment used during the thermal flame spray process using powders.
Why use Thermal Flame Spray Coatings?
- Thermal Flame Spray Coatings are commonly referred to as “thermoplastics”
- Melt on heating and re-solidify on cooling.
- Common plastics are polyethylene, polystyrene, polypropylene, nylon, PVC etc.
- Range of properties-from flexible to rigid, high temperature or chemical resistance, toughness, electrical insulation etc.
- On heating, they react with themselves to “cross-link” the molecules into a matrix which solidifies and will not melt again on reheating.
- Barrier Properties
- Chemical Resistance
- Electrical Insulation
- 500-800% elongation
- No cracking or chipping
- Thicker Coatings
- Barrier properties
- Edge and weld coverage
- “Grip” and “warmth”
- Impact Resistance
- Fluid dip, flame and flock spraying
- 250-1000 micron
- Electrostatic spray
- 150-300 micron
- Food Contact
- Low toxicity
- Thermal flame spray coatings provide resistance to stress cracking, adverse weather conditions, detergents, salt and typical airborne pollutants
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Superior chemical resistance
- UV rays resistance
- Flexibility and Repairability
- Anti-osmotic barrier
- Halogen free
- Combustion fumes are low in smoke
- Low toxicity index
- Environmentally safe
Polyfusion Thermal Flame Spray Powders Used for Concrete and
Steel in Basic, Solid Colors.
The colors below are representations of the standard color range of U-Poly-Con & Steel thermal flame spray coatings.
Because of the limitations of color presentation on websites the colors should be used for guidance only and not as a true representation of the colors of the finished products.
|Color||U-P Number||RAL Number||Color||U-P Number||RAL Number|
Polyfusion Thermal Flame Spray Coating Powders Used for Concrete Flooring
in a Variety of Colors.