Flame Spray Coatings and Polymers for the Anti Corrosive Coating Industry
Thermal coating is a process by which molten anti-corrosive flame spray coatings are applied to various products including industrial pipe or flooring to protect against corrosion or provide a clean surface that can be free of contaminants. IBIX USA provides several flame spray powders along with the equipment used during the flame spray process.
Why use Flame Spray Coatings?
- Flame Spray Coatings are commonly referred to as “thermoplastics”
- Melt on heating and re-solidify on cooling.
- Common plastics are polyethylene, polystyrene, polypropylene, nylon, PVC etc.
- Range of properties-from flexible to rigid, high temperature or chemical resistance, toughness, electrical insulation etc.
- On heating, they react with themselves to “cross-link” the molecules into a matrix which solidifies and will not melt again on reheating.
- Barrier Properties
- Chemical Resistance
- Electrical Insulation
- 500-800% elongation
- No cracking or chipping
- Thicker Coatings
- Barrier properties
- Edge and weld coverage
- “Grip” and “warmth”
- Impact Resistance
- Fluid dip, flame and flock spraying
- 250-1000 micron
- Electrostatic spray
- 150-300 micron
- Food Contact
- Low toxicity
- Flame spray coatings provide resistance to stress cracking, adverse weather conditions, detergents, salt and typical airborne pollutants
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Superior chemical resistance
- UV rays resistance
- Flexibility and Repairability
- Anti-osmotic barrier
- Halogen free
- Combustion fumes are low in smoke
- Low toxicity index
- Environmentally safe
Polyfusion Flame Spray Coatings Used for Concrete and
Steel in Basic, Solid Colors.
The colors below are representations of the standard color range of U-Poly-Con & Steel flame spray coatings.
Because of the limitations of color presentation on websites the colors should be used for guidance only and not as a true representation of the colors of the finished products.
|Color||U-P Number||RAL Number||Color||U-P Number||RAL Number|
Polyfusion Flame Spray Coatings Used for Concrete Flooring
in a Variety of Colors.