Delicate Surface Refinishing for Historic Preservation
IBIX USA is Committed to Historic Restoration and Heritage Preservation
Historic Preservation Systems from IBIX® are the only low pressure, micro-air abrasion systems for cleaning a wide range of precious historic and cultural assets. Perfect for restoring delicate structures, historic assets, statues, antiques and furniture. Our units effectively remove lime scale from foundations, graffiti from buildings and dirt & grime from virtually any surface. Historic Restoration Systems from IBIX USA work exceptionally well on brick, wood, copper, cast and wrought iron, stone, marble, concrete and even extremely fragile surfaces such as travertine and glass. Incorporating HP Vortex Rotational Technology, the patented HELIX® Gun uses a gentle, helical rotary movement considerably reducing the volume of air and medium required to cover the same surface area as traditional blast equipment. This maximizes the effectiveness while minimizing damage to delicate surfaces.
These systems are available in three (3) different sizes (HP3 / HP13 / HP28) and are versatile, economical and lightweight with dual action wet/dry technology.
Proven Results by Historic Preservation Leaders:
IBIX Systems have been used for Historic Preservation Projects All Over the World on Cultural Heritage Assets, Safely and Effectively. Including:
- Architect of the Capitol: Washington, D.C.
- Washington D.C.: Capital Hill, Longworth
- Washington D.C.: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- Rome: Imperial Forum
- Paris: Eiffel Tower
- Vatican City: St. Peter’s Basilica
- Rosa Lowinger, Architect: Principal and Chief Conservator of RLA
- Western Specialty Contractors: America’s Master Craftsmen
- Mary Oehrlein, AP Historic Preservation Officer: FAIA
Key Benefits of Historic Preservation Equipment:
- Portable Lightweight Versatility for ease of use
- Quick-Click Nozzle saves time and money
- Effective Control with high-quality results
- Non-Abrasive application for delicate surfaces
- Environmentally Friendly with no harsh chemicals
IBIX-Approved Abrasives for Use with HP Equipment:
IBIX® Approved abrasives such as calcium carbonate, Armex soda, GMA garnet and walnut shell are perfect for mold mitigation and remediation, fire and smoke restoration, graffiti removal, stone washing, surface prep and other historic preservation. Abrasive media mixes with compressed air, in some applications, water to provide a pressurized stream of media to clean a variety of surfaces.
- Non-toxic environmentally-friendly materials
- Cost-effective with optimum abrasive efficiency
- Regulatory compliant for low dust emission